Windows Hosting for many years has dominated the hosting services in the market. Windows as a hosting server operating system is newer compared to Linux. It is also based on software that has technical support and updates at specific times.
It is part of the most sought after operational systems. Windows Hosting has the advantage of supporting a framework that has high performance.
One of the main doubts that users who require web hosting face is the selection of the correct operating system for their hosting server. Windows is the operating system par excellence of hosting provider companies.
What is Windows Hosting?
The type of Windows web hosting is used for projects that are carried out under Microsoft technology (such as ASP or ASP.NET) or in certain cases where Access or SQL server is used as a database.
It has a 99.99% operation guarantee, it is useful for any type of company that seeks to connect to the internet on its first website. It is ideal for bloggers, small businesses, web developers.
Advantages and disadvantages of using Windows Hosting
Unlike Linux, Windows has a much more complex structure. It is a user-friendly operating system with a graphical user interface. Generally, users are responsible for managing hardware resources and, in turn, receive notifications from the system where you can install them independently.
However, it has a certain percentage of errors that pose a security risk. Next, I will briefly cite the advantages and disadvantages of Windows Hosting:
• It is easy to use and administer, for this reason it can be controlled by inexperienced people (management is done through graphical user interfaces). This makes it the most commercial of the entire market.
• Access to hardware drivers easily.
• A feature that constitutes a great advantage is the support of the high-performance framework (ASP.net). It also has exclusive applications such as SharePoint / Exchange
• The Microsoft ASP.net tool is the most indispensable model for all Windows hosts. This is due to the fact that it is a framework that has many demands in terms of web development, application development, proportion of domain codes, etc.
• Has a high number of other people’s applications.
• It takes care of system updates very easily and automatically.
• Has great problem solving through system recovery and has guaranteed long-term support.
• It goes hand in hand with a great team of developers who facilitate the development of servers and systems that are in charge of Windows hosting.
• It is more expensive, you need to pay to have use.
• It is one of the systems with the most bugs and frequent security failures, one of the probabilities is that they are one of the most used worldwide.
• Its stability is not very good, as is its performance. Since, it has a high consumption of resources compared to other systems for servers.
• After an update requires a reboot.
• Requires a specialized administrator for high-level configurations.
• Malware with high vulnerability
• Has great erroneous results in users.
• The system is not public.
Tips for choosing the best Windows web hosting
When hiring hosting services it is necessary to study your requirements, you must bear in mind that not because you have Windows installed on your computer, you must already opt for this type of Hosting.
A bad choice will generate a lost investment. There are internal comparisons between the hostings, that you can make yourself take bad alternatives, always guide yourself according to the intended use.
It is necessary to opt for web hosts that provide faster loading speed on web pages, this in order to satisfy user navigation and to achieve better SEO positioning in the main search panels. This, in turn, occurs thanks to the hardware, SSD disks and software (with configuration of the cache systems).
It must consist of automated updates and security measures that include anti-hacking rules to prevent infiltrators within your website that put your information at risk.
24 hour technical support
You must have quality personalized technical support, guaranteed, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. They must even provide advice by phone, via email and, in addition, they must be connected to your computer by TeamViewer (to optimize problem resolutions and improve communication with your client).
The plans must include one or more domains (.es or .com) depending on the contracted web hosting plan. Free migration In certain cases, they will require the transfer of your information due to a change of server.
Specialized technicians must take care of the complete and flawless transfer of your web content. Making sure to guarantee the integrity of your data storage.
When to choose Windows Hosting and what does it offer?
The choice is based on the need for the infrastructure and tools. For example, if you need to work with a Microsoft product (such as .net, ASP, MSSQL, Access, etc.) it is necessary to have a type of hosting to achieve optimal operation.
Also, you can work with applications that use PHP and MiSQL. Visitors to web pages will hardly notice a difference between WordPress that is installed on a Linux server to another that is installed on a Windows server.
When we talk about web hosting servers, Windows is one of the most useful alternatives for both servers and personal computers. The operating systems that Windows offers have good great features and, in addition, a web hosting operation.
Windows hosting servers can be customized, and even in conjunction with VPS, dedicated or cloud hosting. It can be run from any content management system, this means that no matter what website you want to run, you will get solutions.
You may also like
- Joomla Hosting
- Drupal Hosting
- Linux Hosting
- Windows Hosting
- SEO Web Hosting