VPS hosting service is one of the most popular that you can opt for for your website. It is a hosting network that offers dedicated resources (under privacy) in services that require a large number of users.
It is a type of hosting service that is a more secure version of shared hosting. What makes it different is the privacy option it includes. VPS hosting is chosen by owners of web pages with a medium traffic movement. For this reason, it has a higher average for shared hosting but does not require dedicated hosting yet.
Operation of VPS hosting
Through a server (computer or computer) by which your web hosting provider manages and stores your files and provides the database you need for your website. Users who wish to enter your website can do so through a browser) it will send a request to your server) and a file transfer takes place via the internet.
VPS hosting is similar to a physical server and, in turn, is shared between several users. Its approach is based on virtualization technology and enables the user to install their own operating system and software.
For this reason this virtual private server (VPS), as described, is both virtual and private. This system performs the separation of other users of the server. It works like partitions of the computer when you want to run multiple operating systems at the same time.
Likewise, it allows you to configure your website from a secure view with all the organized resources that is independent without the need to share.
Advantages and disadvantages of VPS hosting
This hosting system can become an ideal solution if, in reality, it constitutes the hosting you need according to the characteristics and movement of your website. Next, I will cite both the pros and cons that you adhere to when using this platform:
1. It gives you total control of your website without having to manage your own server, as well as access to guaranteed resources.
2. It is much faster than shared hosting.
3. It is useful for websites that have a medium level of traffic.
4. It offers a safe and stable service.
5. Both memory and processing power are guaranteed.
6. The consumption of other users and the increase in traffic of their web pages does not affect your activity on the server.
7. Provides the benefit of privacy thanks to the fact that both your files and your database are locked. Therefore, other users do not have access to your information.
8. It has a fairly increased scalability. Your server resources (RAM, bandwidth, CPU, etc.) improve as you progress through your web page.
1. It is much more expensive than shared hosting (which is the cheapest and most accessible on the market).
2. Experience or, at least, technical knowledge is required to perform the correct administration of your server.
3. Thanks to the bad configuration of the servers, security is put at risk and, therefore, privacy.
When should it be used?
As I said before, it is a web hosting system designed for web pages that have a medium level of traffic. For this reason, it constitutes a second link after your website grows and acquires limits outside of shared hosting.
When your shared hosting is no longer efficient to host your website, you should opt for VPS hosting since this would be the most suitable according to the characteristics and needs of your website.
However, there are certain cases in which this hosting system can be used from the beginning, such as e-commerce websites (which need to make frequent and secure payments and require a stable and reliable system) this stores information confidential and reduces the risk of information leakage.
Another case in which this type of hosting services would be very useful is for event or ticket sales websites, as well as gaming websites, among others.
How do I know that I should choose a VPS hosting?
If you are already aware that you need this type of hosting and you know perfectly how it works, we will help you to know how to choose a good web hosting system.
1. Know all levels of management
It is essential to know the management levels that VPS has and that you know how to choose the most suitable for you. There are three levels of management:
• No management: This clearly indicates that the company that provides the service is not in charge of managing your server. It requires technical knowledge.
• Semi Managed: It indicates that the company is responsible for some type of management of your server, providing basic resources that facilitate configuration through a control panel. It is a type of management that requires technical knowledge and security monitoring.
• Managed: It is the most comfortable and secure option since the company takes full charge of managing your server, operating system updates and error correction.
2. You must consider your level of knowledge
This is closely related to the above since according to your technical knowledge you can choose the level of management. For example, if you do not have absolute knowledge of server configurations, you will have to opt for a managed one.
Now, if you have technical knowledge in server configuration in addition to knowing a bit of security, you can opt for one without management or a semi-managed one.
3. Consider your needs
They meet very specific demands, which is one of their main advantages. At this point you must know how and how much is the traffic of your website, since through this you can know the RAM and internal storage.
You may also like